Friday 10 October 2014

Friday Favourites #10

When I found a novel about cats at my local library, I knew I had to borrow it. 

Cat Out Of Hell by Lynne Truss plays on the saying that cats have nine lives, but goes one step further by suggesting that it's because of some evil forces. If you ever thought there was something suspicious about black cats, you may not be too far from the truth. 

The first few chapters are a little tedious, however, as the story progresses, you get drawn into the narrative. You don't need to like cats to enjoy this book - it's part thriller, part murder mystery, and even funny at times. 

The entire novel, you're questioning whether or not any cat can be trusted, as people close to the protagonist begin to drop like flies. Could a small animal be capable of multiple murders or is there someone behind it all? You'll have to read the book to find out.  

Honestly, I believe Cat Out Of Hell would make an excellent movie compared to some of the crap that Hollywood studios produce. Whenever a talking cat (or any animal, really) is involved, you know I'll be there watching it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment